Custom Assembler - 1st Shift (Dept 06)
Eaton’s ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Custom Assembler - 1st Shift (Dept 06) to join our team in South Milwaukee, WI!
The hourly rate for this position is $19.76 per hour. The core hours are 6:30 am - 2:30 pm.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time - available to use on day one of your employment!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Weekly pay
- Shift premiums - $2.50/hr
- Career progression opportunities to cross-train in different departments and increase compensation.
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
What you’ll do:
The Custom Assembler is responsible for performing a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our underground switchgear product line which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components.
In this function, you will:
- Set-up, build, and palletize underground Switchgear Units
- Screen defective parts or make adjustments as necessary
- Interact with other departments as needed for advice and decisions
- Perform work from specifications, and/or communicated instructions
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Use and operate tools and equipment consistent with this job
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Become proficient after training in the following areas (Finishing, Kitting, Cabinet Subassemblies, VacPac 1 & 2, Mechanism Build, Subassemblies and Service)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the South Milwaukee, WI location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to use and operate necessary or required equipment, products, and assembly procedures.
- Ability to read and use drawings, routings, blue prints, specifications, part numbers, and other shop documents affecting this position.
- Must be able to walk/stand for an 8 hours shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 44lbs and push/pull 44 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work overtime when required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.