Electro Mechanical Assembler- 1st Shift
Eaton’s PSD Power Systems Division division is currently seeking a Electro Mechanical Assembler- 1st Shift on 1st shift.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime may exceed these hours.
The hourly rate for this position is $21.00 per hour.
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on February 28, 2024.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000*, less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler, you will be engaged in the highly exacting manufacture of switchgear and related auxiliary products at Eaton's newly acquired Innovative Switchgear Solutions (ISG) business. You will work with other members of the production team and maintain a level of productivity that supports the Master Schedule. While reporting directly to the Production Lead, you will interface with other functions such as Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing.
In this function you will:
• Ensure that products are assembled correctly according to drawings and work instructions.
• Ensure that products meet quality standards, perform intended functions, and are shipped according to customer specifications in a satisfactory manner.
• Perform standard in-process inspections on products, ensuring conformance with drawings and work instructions. If failures occur, contact Quality Engineer.
• Cross check work with contents of traveler in order to ensure that equipment being built meets customer requirements/ specifications.
• Assist in resolving production failures or product issues.
• Perform various electrical and mechanical assembly tasks on production lines using a variety of hand tools and power tools, including torque wrenches, crimpers, painting, cutting, grinding tools, etc.
• Read, understand and follow written work instructions in connection with manufacturing assemblies and sub-assemblies. This includes the ability to provide feedback and process improvements to existing work instructions.
• Maintain and account for production tools and equipment.
• Clean parts/assemblies using solvents and other chemicals as directed in a safe manner.
• High school diploma or G.E.D from an accredited institution
• No relocation will be provided for this role. Candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Dacono facility.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• Two or more years of experience in electrical or mechanical assembly work.
• Ability to regularly lift up to 40 pounds, as well as utilize power lifting mechanisms for heavy objects
• Ability to stand for up to 9 hours per day, kneel, stoop, squat; in addition to use arms, hands, and fingers to inspect objects, tools, and controls
• Ability to perform visual and dimensional inspections upon completion of certain assembly process steps, as well as on incoming component parts
• This position will be first shift, full time, Monday through Friday
• Ability to read schematics, one-line diagrams, blue prints and other manufacturing documentation
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.