Assembly Technician III- 1st Shift
Eaton’s division is currently seeking a Assembly Technician III- 1st Shift.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.50 per hour.
This is a 1st shift position, with core shifts hours from 6:00a-3:30p Monday -Thursday, and 6:00a - 10:00a Friday. Overtime may exceed these ours, and can be mandatory at times.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Assembly Technician III is responsible for performing a variety of advanced assembly and electrical operations to finalize our medium voltage switchgear products. Operations would include the use of hand tools, hardware, advanced understanding of blueprints and diagrams. Furthermore, a working knowledge of electricity and circuits is a plus.
In this function you will:
• Position and install component parts according to material list and blueprints.
• Assembly includes a wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend and work from a ladder throughout the day.
• Wire lugs are crimped on the end of the wire and are done with manual and automatic crimpers and strippers.
• Execute Point-to-Point wiring diagrams in order to install electrical wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other requires the ability to plan ahead and work from a schematic.
• Able to work off ladders and in tight spaces.
• Focus on quality, customer service, safety, productivity.
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Omaha, NE location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• 1 year working in a manufacturing environment OR a construction related field
• One (1) year experience working in residential wiring
• One (1) year experience working with and deciphering blueprints/schematics
• One (1) year experience working with precision measuring devices
Position Success Criteria:
• Ability to read a tape measure down to the 1/8th
• Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
• Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability
• Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.