CNC Setup Machinist- 3rd shift
Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeking CNC Setup Machinists to join our 3rd shift team. This position is based in our North Charleston, SC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided. The range for this role is $21-25 per hour + $2.50 shift differential.
This position is currently offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000*; less applicable withholding.
The setup machinist will lead the transition/changeover between production runs on various CNC machines such as mills and lathes then operate select machines through the remainder of the production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up & perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
- Establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology
- Read, understand, and reset CNC machine program codes
- Be able to calculate and input axis coordinates for CNC machines up to 3 axis’s or use spindle probe to determine work offsets
- Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets
- Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing results to make adjustments to work offsets
- Additional benefits to include: Health insurance effective from first day of employment, air conditioned and well-maintained facility, paid lunch, two weeks of vacation upon hire. Eaton is invested in the learning and development of its employees, offering tuition assistance and capitalizing on new machining and measuring equipment.
- Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only.
- Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
- Bonuses will be paid out in two installments: $1,000 less applicable withholding in the first (1st) paycheck. Remaining $2,000 less applicable withholding will be paid out after six (6) months of employment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
- Must have one (1) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
- Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
- Experience with CNC or conversational programming
- Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.)
- Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be able to perform basic shop math.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer: Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico