Manufacturing Operator (129407866)
The Manufacturing Operator position is responsible for operating assembly equipment and/or second operation machines through various tasks such as greenforming, sintering, laser cutting, wet saw cutting, inspecting, trimming, testing, fixturing, assembling and packaging membrane products. Completes other duties as assigned.
- Verifies product visually and takes corrective action when necessary. Ensures product is consistent with established specifications. Escalates quality issues as appropriate. Ensures highest possible product quality and adherence to the Entegris quality system, ISO and/or other standards.
- Ensures all product is packaged per packaging specifications.
- Performs various operations on the product line in accordance with the work orders and process record instructions.
- Finalizes all required paperwork thoroughly and timely (i.e. Production Reports, Labels, Component Sheets, Rework Sheets, SAP Transactions etc.). Completes hour by hour sheets on manufacturing processes as required.
- Integrates on all key business processes to influence customer satisfaction, waste elimination, growth, cost effectiveness and product/system quality. Promotes and implements use of continuous improvement tools to eliminate non-value activities. Participates actively in continuous improvement activities such as 6s, Kaizen events, etc.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned in support of the larger organization and production goals.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area. Wears required Personal Protective Equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner and observes approved safety procedures.
- Communicates potential hazards immediately to supervisor.
- Follow a documented sequence of identifying, measuring, and processing raw metal powders to create targeted product forms. Use computer driven vacuum furnaces to process “green forms”, and subsequently inspect measure and document metal membrane products. Perform cutting and cleaning processes, final inspection, labeling and packaging of products. Enter all inspection data and batch detail information into SAP.
- Perform setup and adjustments according to work instruction specifications.
- Use of metrology equipment (Scales, calipers…) and basic math.
- Use of computer programs, excel and other data entry tasks.
- Operate and verify the performance of equipment and make necessary adjustments.
- Ability to build to necessary Takt rate per product type.
- Assist with inventory and cycle count.
- Prioritize work in accordance with lead/supervisor direction.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- May provide direction to lower level operators.
- Must be able to read write and communicate in English
- Needs to be flexible with work hours.
- You may be required to work overtime or to work additional hours because of the needs within the department.
High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year manufacturing experience preferred.