Production Supervisor (2838)
The Production Supervisor ensures that products are manufactured to meet internal goals while meeting the quality and delivery expectations of our customers whether internal or external.
This position requires a passion and understanding for Lean, Six Sigma, 5-S and driving continuous improvement. Relationship building skills are a must with a disciplined and organized approach to leading each day. The experienced candidate will be involved with the safety efforts of the organization, participate in Kaizen activities and drive employee engagement.
Essential functions (duties listed are not all inclusive):
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, workflow and resource allocation.
- Resolve all issues directly affecting employees, production and/or customer schedules in a timely manner.
- Ensure production employees are properly trained and OJT records are maintained and submitted when completed.
- Ensure work instructions are followed and employees are properly trained. Ensure OJT where applicable and work closely with the building training coordinator.
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that the buildings you are responsible for comply with their designated FOD requirements as required.
- Implements and sustains standard work in manufacturing cells in order to support customer requirements.
- Clearly communicates goal expectations, status, and gaps, as well as countermeasures by use of Visual and Daily Management.
- Generates and maintains building and manufacturing cell score cards to communicate performance to plan.
- Responsible for addressing any engagement opportunities identified during Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Serves as an FBS Champion spearheading FBS efforts in the building such as: Standard Work events, Kanban, PSP, Visual and Daily Management, etc.
- Ensure all employees comply with Attendance and Safety Policy Procedures
- BS degree in relevant field, or 8 years supervisory experience in operations.
- 3 years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and execution as well as how to formulate effective long-term corrective actions.
- Skilled communicator both written and verbal.
- Effective in using problem solving process (PSP), strong organization and project management skills.
- Understanding of team dynamics.
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Skilled in the interpretation of assembly drawings.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Agile, Visual and Crystal