Cost Manager (67230)
The Plant Cost Manager will serve as a team partner to facility management by providing support along with appropriate financial analysis to assure sound business decisions toward achieving the goals and values of the facility. This position will follow through on financial commitments. This position will go directly to the work that is being done and see if it can be improved. The Plant Cost Manager will perform standard cost accounting functions of protection of assets and accurate reporting of the location’s financial status. This position will seek to understand “why” something works the way it does through study and improvement.
- Provide effective and accurate financial analysis tools to the operations management group; follow-up with the group to identify and implement process improvement projects and cost reduction initiatives.
- Utilize tools such as Miscellaneous Inventory Transactions, labor variance tracking and budget vs. actual reporting to ensure that bill of materials, labor routings and International Financial Management (IFM) account classifications are maintained and accurate at all times.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to analyze, determine, and implement process changes to meet or exceed budgeted goals • Review of inventory balances and implement steps to ensure perpetual inventories are aligned with the financial reporting system.
- As the Company’s financial representative for their assigned facility, meet with utility companies and other local vendors to review other possible contractual situations to negotiate best possible rate.
- Understand and assist with questions related to incentive pay as well as other local finance-related questions. Collaborate with local management as needed to identify and properly submit Authorization For Expenditure (AFE) for things such as new equipment and machinery as well as make vs. buy decisions and temporary labor vs. permanent hire.
- Participate in budget process including development of the budget, and regular follow-up with management. Partner with Operations management to identify and develop process improvement objectives which includes Vision Tracker and X to Y project identification.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience, required
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, required
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.