Product Manager Senior
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Senior Product Manager
What Will You Do?
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for collaborating with stakeholders, leaders, and cross-functional teams to define product and project requirements that easily translate into actionable items for development in order to deliver maximum value to the customer. This is a key role within our organization, working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to connect, create, and support complete solutions. The Sr. Product Manager is responsible and accountable for collaborating with internal stakeholders on defining the Product Vision and Strategy; gathering and documenting requirements including Epics, Features, and User Stories; maintaining and prioritizing a backlog; and driving user adoption. This individual is a self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty and take ownership of the product and/or assignments. This role must communicate effectively with all areas and levels within the company.
- Work cross functionally to guide product features from conception to deployment by connecting the technical capabilities to the business value.
- Lead a cross-functional eCommerce Product Team composed of front-end and back-end engineering, design, quality assurance, and analysts.
- Create capabilities for the product within the team’s area of responsibility with a particular focus on consumer finance options and products for an eCommerce application platform.
- Collaborate and communicate with various product teams, business system analysts, testers, etc. to ensure each part of the team understands the business value and what user needs the features are solving for.
- Collaborate with the team to break work down from the overall Product Vision into developable slices of functionality. These features and user stories will be the basis for a healthy backlog of work for the team to be able to build, test and deliver in incremental and iterative fashion through the scrum process.
- Lead/facilitate product ceremonies including backlog refinement, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies
- Be the expert on their product or sub-product end to end.
- Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members; Provide regular updates through the Sprint Review and related communications to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leaders, and cross-functional teams to research emerging technologies and determine those that are best suited to become business solutions; provide recommendations to the team; collectively organize ideas into actionable, profitable projects.
- Assist with conducting internal and external interviews with end users, customers, third party partners, and resellers to gather information that will help to improve developed products. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct vendor/partner evaluations.
- Report on product/sub-product deliverables and progress towards Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Lead and/or participate in ideation workshops with internal/external participants to help generate ideas.
- Ensure business value is being delivered on a frequent basis through the production deployment of working tested software.
- Continually prioritize the Product Backlog to enable the best business value delivery possible.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 6 years of experience in retail, online retail, product management, eCommerce consumer finance, and/or technology, Required
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- eCommerce experience, particularly working with 3rd party vendors to integrate Consumer financing options such payment gateways, lease to own programs, gift cards, etc
- Expert knowledge with creating healthy product backlog through refinement and writing user stories
- Expert knowledge working in an agile work environment
- Strong Experience working with offshore teams
- Strong Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps or similar tools
- Advanced presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.