Associate Director, IT – Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing Digital Factory Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing Digital Factory Lead (Assoc. Director IT) role is instrumental in partnering with Cell Therapy Manufacturing Site IT and Business Leadership in defining digital factory strategy and roadmap for the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Network.
This leader provides the vision and day-to-day management necessary to establish portfolio of innovative digital programs for the CT global manufacturing network supporting the commercial manufacturing sites.
This position partners with global IT stakeholders, site IT leads and various business stakeholders in the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Network and is accountable for creating a holistic strategy around digital transformation of how we manufacture drugs, creation of roadmaps, leading the technical proof of concept/proof of value exercises. This role will partner with business to advance our digital innovation pipeline in support of manufacturing objectives that can have the highest business impact and be accountable for its deployment and business value realization outcomes.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, IT Business Partner for Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing and will also be part of the Cell Therapy Manufacturing IT Leadership Team.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to manage budgets and build multi-year deployment roadmaps
- Ability to interact with senior business leadership and translate business strategy into executable IT programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially regarding:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer focus
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of industry standard integration protocols and programming applications
- Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Understanding of computer system validation.
- Proven experience of establishing digital innovation roadmap for digitization of key manufacturing processes, translating operational excellence objectives to meaningful IT products that can be scaled and deployed quickly across the network.
- Provides subject matter expertise with Industry 4.0/Smart Manufacturing and industrial automation domains.
- Assists in conducting digital manufacturing readiness assessments
- Performs evaluation of technology standards, tools/products, and solutions to make effective design decisions from both a business and technical perspective
- Influences architectural strategy as technology evolves, with an emphasis on deterministic, re-usable and scalable solutions
- Works with the technical architect(s) and partnership ecosystem to ensure alignment with the current and future architectures for the integration of shopfloor solutions with enterprise systems and plant automation equipment
- Knowledge of IIoT platforms.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of cyber security concepts
- Knowledge of Digital Manufacturing trends arounds leveraging digital twins, robotics, cobots, building control towers, predictive maintenance, process robustness and integrated manufacturing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or Science related discipline. Advanced degree (MS) preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience in leading delivery of digital products in a manufacturing environment. (Industry agnostic, Cell Therapy experience would be a plus)
- Understanding of supply chain, manufacturing domains, and supporting technology including manufacturing and supply chain ERP systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and how they relate to existing and new business systems and practices, primarily GxP.
- Experience with continuous delivery, dev-ops, open-source technologies & Agile/Lean software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Experience building highly scalable, concurrent, large volume, event-driven systems supporting manufacturing.
- Experience with CI / CD tools and configuration management tools is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various IT and Cell Therapy Manufacturing leadership team to identify areas of opportunity where digital can make an impact.
- Translate pain points of current manual manufacturing processes into executable portfolio of digital products, prioritize and execute on Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to prove value proposition and build deployment roadmaps for scalable roll outs.
- Owns the governance process for Cell Therapy Manufacturing network around change management of above digital products.
- Ensure consistent deployment of digital products across manufacturing network.
- Own and manage roadmap of digital products as they impact CT manufacturing, enhancements, and budgets for deployment of these products.
- Establish Agile Ways of Working to deliver incremental value through agile/continuous delivery of digital products at CT Manufacturing sites.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.