Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
What Will You Do?
The Product Manager 1 is responsible for identifying and delivering product features for the company that provide maximum value to the customer. This position will partner with business stakeholders to gather detailed functional requirements (epics, features and stories), administer these in the product backlog and work with user interface (UI) designers, software design engineers and software testers to implement. This individual is a self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty and take ownership of the product and/or assignments. This role must communicate effectively with all areas and levels within the company.
- With guidance of the Director, Product Management, break work down from the overall Product Vision into developable slices of functionality. Build epics, features and user stories to form the basis for a healthy backlog of work for the team to be able to build, test and deliver in incremental and iterative fashion through the scrum process.
- Gather and document detailed business, functional and technical requirements
- Conduct collaboration sessions with the business stakeholders, UX and technical associates to identify feature details and acceptance criteria.
- Prioritize the team backlog in alignment with the Product Lune vision and roadmap. Create agile features, user stories and prioritize sprints backlog to deliver timely releases, and ensure specifications are aligned with business goals.
- Responsible to communicate product implementation information and train internal customers on the new features, working collaboratively to ensure feature implementation stays on track; take full ownership of the feature set by tracking progress. Share progress with appropriate stakeholders. Provide visibility to the development team and the business team on any functionality-related changes or issues.
- Identify functional risks, gaps and conflicts in requirements and facilitate discussion with stakeholders and team members to arrive at a solution.
- Communicate with the development team members to ensure a shared understanding of the business value and what user needs the features are solving for.
- Priorities backlog to focus on sprint implementation while leading/facilitating relevant agile product ceremonies including backlog refinement.
- Provide regular updates to Director to facilitate enterprise-wide communication to stakeholders, including progress towards Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Ensure business value is being delivered on a frequent basis through the production deployment of working tested software.
- Develop strong relationship with Scrum Master to jointly address issues and opportunities with team delivery. Ensure business value is being delivered on a frequent basis through the production deployment of working tested software.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 5 years of experience in product management, Ecommerce, retail, online retail or merchandising, or related field, Required
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required Innovative, agile, and curious
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.