Inventory Manager Support Technician
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AFO is hiring an Inventory Manager Support Technician to support the DPAS ICP contract in 5751 BRIAR HILL LEXINGTON KY.
AFO is looking for an Inventory Manager Support Technician to join our team of outstanding professionals! Apply today!
- Perform complex research, analysis, and defines root cause of inventory stock levels discrepancies. Cross-references regulations, policies and guidelines in order to implement corrective process narratives at post-secondary education levels.
- Performs comprehensive inventory control, accountability, validation processes IAW DOD 5000.64, DOD 4140yy, and processes material into the APSR IAW USSOCOM Policy Directive 700-32.
- Performs validation and audit on material movement and acceptance into the APSR in compliance with Financial Improvement Audit Readiness/Remediation.
- Verify all shipments by serviceability, document number, nomenclature, NSN and quantity. Assess ordering, tracking, delivery dates, and shipping requirements for on-time delivery.
- Conduct periodic physical asset inventories, asset location surveys and perform monthly self-assessment audits of inventory in DPAS.
- Perform tasks that establish and maintain inventory/materials receiving and shipping records and audit trail documents.
- Monitor inventory levels and report inventory discrepancies to the Government Inventory Manager.
- Perform physical inventories as required and report discrepancies to the Government Inventory Manager.
- Employs the entire Microsoft Office Suite capability to produce manage workload requirements and provide administrative work products.
- Minimum associate degree required in logistics or business-related field.
- Minimum 3 years of combined experience with DoD or other federal agency in Financial Management, Program Management, IT, Material Management or Logistics.
- Minimum 6 months experience in LIS (Logistics Information Systems).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance, Secret Clearance required prior to starting position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUN00539