Analyst/Specialist, Operations Accounting - Production Facility and Operations Support
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Weston facility (in Winnipeg) primarily manufactures wheel sets and turnout panels for the use in the Mechanical and Engineering groups. The successful individual will play a key role in providing financial support to the facility, working closely with Weston’s management team to provide the financial acumen to aid in decision making. The successful candidate will own all aspects of standard costing from the calculation and understanding of costs to the SAP processes related to inventory management. Along with that, the individual will also be responsible for the planning and forecasting functions related to the facility, working closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The successful candidate will also play a key role in providing financial and operation result insight to the Operations Support department by working closely with the business leads and performing analysis to aid in decision making.
- Provide monthly financial reporting, insight and guidance to the Operation Support lead team and Weston Shops Director answering questions, resolving issues and advancing complex concerns;
- Review and analyze standard costing for Weston production in SAP in accordance with CP’s financial policies;
- Gather shop information to support the monthly forecasting process in accordance with company direction from the Head Office Finance Department;
- Prepare financial analysis & business cases for capital and process improvements;
- Ensure the accuracy of financial processes at Weston Shops in accordance with company financial policy;
- Analyze pending trends in support of Weston management advising of changes in patterns in relation to their annual targets and recommending possible changes to the annual forecast;
- Plan the monthly and yearly budgets for Weston shop cost centers based on financial inputs;
- Provide Adhoc Financial budgeting/analysis support to the Manager Financial Planning;
- Maintain overhead allocations by calculating overheads at Weston and other Mechanical Shops;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries for all business transactions leading up to the financial statements;
- Perform variance analysis and reporting on current year actual operating expenses compared to prior year and monthly presentation to senior finance leadership;
- Perform other month end and year end closing responsibilities and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent is required;
- Accounting designation (CPA) is preferred;
- 5 to 10 years work experience in a cost accounting role;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills;
- A proven record of problem solving;
- Excellent system skills, preferably with SAP and BPC;
- Ability to build financial models in Excel;
- Effective relationship builder;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral);
- The position will require travel of approximately a week per Quarter.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").