Operations Lead Production Clerk (2106484)
Operations Lead Production Clerk - ( 2106484 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a full-time Operations Lead Production Clerk in our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Team player with initiative, able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of all projects processed within the Packaging Dept.
- Provide backup support to the Senior Coordinator including, but not limited to; problem resolution, training and assigning work to temporary and full time employees.
- Assist Senior Coordinator on specific assignments, to include training and the supervision of full time and temporary employees.
- Assist in prioritizing, organizing and scheduling work to meet deadlines.
- Provide feedback to all levels of employees about the quality of work.
- Keep appropriate personnel informed of the quality of work within the department and alert the Senior to specific errors that occur regularly and are consistently similar.
- Instruct and assist other employees with interpreting specifications on assigned projects.
- Communicate and identify areas of improvement, assist in developing alternatives and recommend solutions to Senior Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Suggest changes to departmental or interdepartmental procedures to improve quality, productivity, or process flow.
- Train, support, lead and monitor a variety of team efforts involving full-time and temporary employees.
- Operate all department equipment as related to assigned project responsibilities.
- The ability to perform multiple packaging functions within the Packaging Dept.
- Use a computer terminal to perform necessary functions to order and/or check inventory.
- Check assembled materials for completeness.
- Perform other clerical work or other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in Iowa City may be required during low processing periods.
- Perform all processes pertaining to the preparation, assembly, and distribution of materials.
- Maintain logs of materials being processed/shipped.
- Organize daily work with minimal supervision.
- The ability and commitment to meet Dept. overtime requirements.
- The ability and commitment to work off-shifts as required.
- Utilize CICS, Oracle and PC applications as required.
- May perform work of higher classified positions for purpose of cross training.
- Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified and directed.
- Participate in daily departmental stretching program.
- Apply concepts of continuous improvement and demonstrate core values and leadership principles.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Physical Demands and Essential Functions:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push carts weighing 600 pounds, and move pallets weighing approx. 2000 pounds with a pallet jack.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as required.
- High School diploma or the equivalent is required.
- One year of production experience required.
- One year of NCS Pearson specific, multi-departmental experience in supervision is preferred.
- Exemplify good teamwork and communication skills, as well as organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory, communication, organization, teamwork and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to meet and maintain high quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under tight deadlines required.
- Must possess demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCs required, primarily MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Oracle.
Additional Desired Skills:
- An understanding of the Packaging Dept. and processes is preferred.
As a drug-free workplace, all employees are subject to our drug screening policy.
Primary Location : US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Work Locations :
US-IA-Cedar Rapids-9200 Earhart9200 Earhart Lane SW
Job : Production/Operations
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 7, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106484