Manufacturing Operations Specialist ( MERCUSR122182ENUS)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
A part of our Company's Manufacturing Division, Elkton’s Operations team is seeking a highly motivated individual at an Operations Specialist level to provide support to Operations at the site. The successful candidate will support Operations in either Vaccine or Antibiotic production.
The Manufacturing Operations Specialist is assigned to a product manufacturing team and partners with the Operations Managers in coordinating maintenance activities and ensure the manufacturing area is operating at peak efficiency.
Shifts could include working Day, Night, Weekends and Rotating shifts.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations or Operations Manager, the Operations Specialist primary responsibility will be to help facilitate day to day production and support of operations. He/she will partner with area Manager to assist with ship floor management. This position will require off-shift or weekend coverage based on business unit needs and specific assignments. The Operations Specialist has the opportunity to develop into a manager with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Assists Operations manager in execution of duties
- Delivers operational improvements on key business projects, including updating weekly metrics and deliverables
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Complete documentation of deviation events
- Complete production batch record review (post- Production)
- Coach and provide oversight on shop floor to identity potential issues before they arise and prevent deviations
- Ownership of the Leader standardized work process which prioritizes resolution of issues from the shop floor and drives resolution through 8-step problem Solving and other Lean tools.
- Collaborate with peers on global teams to ensure a positive learning organization, alignment of strategy and sharing best practices
- Mentor others on effective communication and active listening techniques to fully understand needs and expectations
- Assist operations team and shop floor to with defining the requirements of the Electronic batch record and successful execution
Minimum Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or another technical field
- High School Diploma/GED with four years of relevant experience in manufacturing or military service
- Willing and able to work off-shifts and weekends as needed
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated record of successfully working in team environments and influencing people with a broad range of skills and experience.
- Performance mindset to drive and influence behaviors on the floor
- Self-motivation, ambition, resilience, and confidence in taking risk
- Lean, Six Sigma problem solving skills coupled with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Technical writing experience related to procedures and investigations
- SAP, MES and Delta V experience is an advantage
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Demonstrated record of successfully working in team environments and influencing
people with a broad range of skills and experience.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Shift:1st - Day, 3rd - Night
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:12