Production Operations Representative (2113356)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume coordination responsibility for all department tasks and general production flow, including operational responsibility for department in absence of the manager.
- Support the development of proposals (RFP’s/SLA’s) by providing accurate assumptions, estimate and schedule resources, and participate in pre-and post-project reviews, and RFP planning sessions.
- Initiate, monitor, review, and recommend changes to project rate standards while looking for opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Act as communication liaison for new non-exempt staff, temporary employees, product line staff, and management.
- Review, revise, maintain, and direct regular full-time & temporary employee training programs and orientations.
- Assist manager in coordinating multiple shifts, managing regular and temporary employees, and monitoring attendance and assigning tasks.
- Work with designated representatives to reach daily/weekly production expectations and monitor department’s process flow while maintaining the highest level of quality in all aspects of the area’s operation.
- Identify, review and communicate changes and enhancements to the process control system.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and presentation of performance metrics.
- Identify and recommend solutions for interdepartmental schedule problems (Client Services, MPS, Development, Printing, etc.), priority requests, or any customer requirements not being met.
- Contact and review with supply management and vendors any equipment enhancements or failures.
- Identify and communicate inconsistent project implementation via specifications or process.
- Serves in the role as RCA Lead as follows:
- Facilitates Root Cause Analysis process within Operations
- Engages with Auditors during audits
- Supports Ops Reps, Management, and others on effective problem statements through ISSUES/PROBLEM Closure
- Shares Problem Data information in meetings
- May be required to work off-shift during peak processing seasons.
- May be required to work in other departments and/or locations for brief or extended periods of time.
- May be required to train and retrain all forklift operators in warehouse.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in the areas of systems development, customer service, or production/operations preferred.
- Experience leading and/or supervising others is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Understanding of metrics and performance measure reporting desirable.
- Previous working knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) preferred.
- Previous working knowledge of Oracle Applications preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Access and DOS is a plus.
- Knowledge of processing procedures and processing flow preferred.
- Knowledge of barcodes is a plus.
- Creative problem-solving abilities desired.
- Budget and production resource planning experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Essential Functions
- May need to lift boxes weighing 50 pounds and pushcarts loaded with materials and weighing up to 250 pounds.
- May need to routinely lift up to 65-pound boxes, pushcarts weighing 600 pounds, and move pallets weighing approximately 2,000 pounds with a pallet jack.
- May need to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
Cross-Training and Additional Job Functions
During periods when normal assigned work volume is low, may be required to perform other job functions in other departments within the Operations organization. Employees performing other job functions will receive cross-training to ensure they meet position requirements. Additional position requirements may include but are not limited to: lifting up to 65 lbs., pushing carts weighing up to 600 lbs., standing or sitting for extended periods of time, performing basic computer functions.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments School
Req ID: 2113356