Manual Machine Operator - 1st Shift (125260)
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Manual Machine Operator – 1st shift to join our team. The hourly rate for this position starts at $21.45/hr, depending on experience. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
The Manual Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of turn machines and equipment comprising of turret lathes, chuckers, automatic screw machines, etc. on a variety of shafts and castings of various materials for standard product lines. In this role, you will be expected to identify and use proper tools, gages, and equipment for the process. You will be responsible for understanding various work processes and performing various manual machining operations.
In this function you will:
- Select proper tooling to set speeds, feeds, and calibration
- Maintain tolerances and production standards.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and operate secondary equipment including but not limited to burr bench, 5S+ standards, and other tasks assigned.
- Acquire proficiency in all machines in the work center.
- Make offsets based on inspection of parts in accordance to print specifications/instructions.
- Be responsible for identifying and selecting proper machine tooling.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and general maintenance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year of mill and lathe setup experience and fixture installation.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the South Milwaukee, WI facility. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 3 years of manual machine set up experience and fixture installation.
- Minimum 1 year of reading machining and engineering prints
- Formal technical training or degree in manufacturing trades.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to operate all workstations effectively in the Manual Machining Group.
- Ability to be flexible in a complex work environment.
- Ability to perform in a team matrix environment.
- Experience operating Fanuc controllers and editing G&M code.
- Experience with cam-controlled screw machines.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team