Machine Operator (Fabrication) - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure divison is currently seeking a FIRST Shift Machine Operator (Fabrication) to join our team.This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
- Pay: $20/hour+
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401k (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
- Hours- 5:30am-2:00pm (Monday-Friday)
You will set-up/operate multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet customer demands.In this function you will:
- Setup/Operate multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies
- Maintain necessary records for all operations including 1st piece inspection
- Monitor equipment conditions and perform basic preventive maintenance
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Check completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of two years years machine operation experience in a light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience running mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders in fabrication machines in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of one year utilizing blueprints in a manufacturing environment (formal, informal and/or engineering drawings)
Position Success Criteria:
- Reading and utilizing blueprints and engineering drawings
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up-to 35-pounds
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings.
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com LI-SB2
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team