Laser Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is seeking a Laser Machine Operator to join our 2nd shift team! The hourly rate starts at $20.00/hour with $1.25/hour shift premium, depending on experience. This position is located at our Badger Drive facility and has core hours from 3 pm-11 pm. If you are looking to get into manufacturing and are mechanically inclined, this could be your next opportunity!
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $2,000*, less applicable withholding.
- Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only. Applications must be submitted on or after June 24th, 2022 to qualify.
- Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
- Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time (2 weeks to start) are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Shift premiums
- Career ladders that allow you to grow your career and compensation
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits - up to a 6% match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more
Our laser Machine Operators convert sheet steel into components used in the fabrication of leak-proof tanks. They are responsible for arranging raw materials required to begin the process at the laser and for routine maintenance and care of the machine. Laser Machine Operators must be willing to do various jobs as directed and assist all other team members as needed to build products through the continuous flow line.
Our industrial laser work centers feature machines from Mazak and Bystronic. We have both Fiber and CO2 lasers up to 6kW in strength, capable of cutting materials more than one inch thick.
We offer training so that you are never unprepared! - Laser operation & troubleshooting techniques
In this function, you will:
- Load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser cutting operations per specifications, work instructions, schedules, and drawings.
- Complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders; load correct materials and unload and sort all parts; use precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check the quality of parts.
- Interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure)
- Troubleshoot minor program errors independently, work under little supervision.
- Use forklift and crane.
- Keep work area clean and provide a safe environment of area for self and others.
- Wear PPE including safety glasses w/side shields, ear plugs or other hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves.
- Lift up to 40 LBS; must be able to bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials, and perform all other essential duties as required.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 years of experience with lasers in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in the safe operation of various types of material handling equipment such as forklifts and cranes.
- Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa
- Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written instructions, schedules, documents, and specifications
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials, and perform all other essential duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No