CNC Machine Operator- 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a CNC Machine Operator on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC location.
Compensation: $19 per hour + $2.50 shift differential
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Properly start or restart equipment after power is interrupted or as a new start up. Re-zero all axes and begin machining process at proper point in program.
- Identify non conformances utilizing trace, CMM and various inspection methods
- Adjust and make offsets to bring parts within tolerance
- Properly place parts, casting or stock in machine securely and accurately
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings, blueprints, customer specification and internal drawings and procedures
- Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Understand multi-screen functions, alpha and numeric keypads and machine controls (i.e. alter, insert, delete, input, up, down, left, right, pos, prog, system, message, settings, network, etc.)
- Operate and Understand function of mode switch and function keys (i.e. mem, mid, tape, edit, handle, job, rapid, zero return, SBK. OSP. BDT. PSM. PST. DRN).
- Properly use directional jog buttons, rapid traverse override buttons, and feed rate override buttons
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of North Charleston, SC will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC machine
- Experience using lean or lean tools
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer: Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No