CNC Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a 2nd shift CNC Machinery Operator – Large Castings to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility. This role will start at $19.39/hr with room for growth on further training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform a wide range of machining operations on two or more Numerically Controlled Lathes, Chuckers or Turning Centers, some of which may be equipped with automatic, robotic or manual load/unload systems and/or related secondary auto/manual equipment. Make adjustments, change, reset tooling to maintain specified dimensions as required. Operate Six Spindle Automatic Bar Machines.
- Work with operation sheets and blueprints as required
- Required to change tooling, load automatic tool changes and maintain quality standards by checking parts with adjustable or fixed gauges.
- Perform various internal operations related to producing a finished product.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Ability to use shop arithmetic. Ability to read ordinary drawings or job layouts.
- Ability to use micrometers, protractor, depth and fixed gauges. Knowledge of tools, machining methods and cutting quality of various metals.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area (50 miles) of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
- One year CNC machinist experience working with both manual and CNC machines
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No