Machine Operator - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector (Crouse Hinds, B-Line and Oil & Gas business) is currently seeking a 1st Shift Machine Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Amarillo, TX facility.
This position requires ability to operate machines, make adjustments, and maintain production quality to perform close tolerance operation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assure all products meet Eaton Crouse-Hinds standards.
- Recognize and notify supervision of mechanical malfunctions and operating irregularities.
- Operating an automatic tapping, drilling and/or reaming machine and CNC machines
- Positioning parts into chuck, fixtures, or otherwise load machine
- Initiating machine cycles and removing machined parts
- Bending and removing parts from a tub, placing into a fixture and cycling the machine by pressing palm buttons
- Regularly gauge and/or visually check castings following established procedures with a manual gauge and caliper
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner, and apply 5-S program
- Read and interpret information on screen or blueprint to make necessary adjustments to machines utilizing basic math skills in standard or metric readings and using CNC/PLC controls
- Perform and maintain various recordkeeping duties and clerical operations
- Frequently flexes to grinding department
- Perform other duties as assigned throughout the facility
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 1 year of experience in a manufacturing setting
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Background in machining metal working machines
- Ability to stand and/or walk for 8-12 hours, to physically climb on machines, and to lift 50 pounds
- Understanding and ability to be able to use precision gauging instruments and apply basic math skills, including correctly measuring with precision tools to .001” using calipers and micrometers
- Ability to follow all safety regulations associated
- Understand and utilize the procedures related to lockout/tagout
- Forklift and frontend loader certified (powered industrial truck trained)
- Ability to read, understand, and follow basic mechanical drawings in addition to moderately technical standards and maintenance procedures
- Ability to work around molten metal and in a production environment that is at times very hot or very cold, and subject to unexpected swings of overtime (ability to flex personal schedule to cover tasks on other shifts)
- Ability to work proactively and communicate effectively while working with all employees throughout plant
- Ability to perform basic computer functions: eSafety, MESH Prism
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No