Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift (125597)
Eaton’s Electrical Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a 1st shift Tool/Model & Pattern Maker to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility. This position pays $31.14/hr.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Plan, layout and perform numerically controlled machining operations and surface grinding on tools, dies, patterns, core boxes, models, etc. and related equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Set up, operate and program all types of computer numerically controlled machines (CNC) as well as set up and operate conventional machines to construct, alter, braze, and repair a wide variety of models, cutters, chasers, and carbide blades etc. of company products selecting speeds, feeds, and wheels maintain program file.
- Perform highly skilled machining operations requiring unusual and difficult setups to maintain tolerances and fits.
- Perform highly skilled bench work to fabricate, fit and assemble details of mechanical and other systems, including special machinery, test equipment and other mechanisms. Work involves a thorough knowledge of tool, pattern, model making and machine shop practices.
- Work with a variety of materials such as metals, plastics, wood, rubber, etc., as required.
- Duties involve application of broad trades knowledge and skilled trades apprenticeship training plus considerable experience in improvising and making decisions requiring initiative and ingenuity.
- This position entails performing multiple tool room tasks using all tool making equipment. The position is in a unionized environment with minimal supervision.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years Journeyman-level Toolmaker experience OR Journeyman Tool Maker license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Syracuse, NY will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Journeyman Tool Maker license
- Two years Progressive Die Making/Repairing
- One years experience operating a Wire EDM Setup and Programming
- Two years experience CNC Setup/Programming Lathe and Mill
- Two years experience with AutoCad/Solidworks/MasterCAM
- Two years experience TIG Welding/Soldering/Brazing
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team