Model Shop Machinist IV
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up and operate CNC and manual machining centers and tooling to fabricate high quality, high precision parts used on Aerospace Platforms.
- Inspect machined parts to drawing requirements.
- Programming and posting of tool paths, tool selection, and feeds and speeds into CNC machine tools using MasterCAM (or similar CAM Software)
- Use of SolidWorks for model review and feature retrieval.
- Participate in internal design reviews to build a more in-depth understanding of the current product lines.
- Perform preventative machine tool maintenance such as inspecting/replacing fluids and addressing issues that could lead to damage or performance issues with the machine tools.
- Willingness to multitask and operate multiple machines under supervision
- Assist and mentor less experienced model shop machinists as necessary
- Work with Design/Development Engineers during product development including assisting Engineers with understanding practical machining practices
- Experience with general cutting and measuring tools used in a model shop environment.
- Experience with reworking existing component hardware
- Experience reworking features on fully assembled hardware
- Minimum 5 years experience operating a CNC machine tools (Vertical Machining Centers and Live Tool Lathe) to fabricate high tolerance, fine finish metal and plastic parts.
- Minimum 10 years experience operating manual shop equipment such as lathes and millings, band saws, and grinders.
- Ability to utilize standard measuring and inspection equipment for measurement of high tolerance, fine finish parts.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a low volume, high precision prototype environment.
- Knowledge and experience with reading dimensioned drawings.
- Experience with part inspection and measurement methods of tight tolerance features.
- Understands proper tooling selection and proper machining techniques to use with standard materials (aluminum, CRES, Plastics, etc).
- Experience with programming components (2D and 3D) utilizing Conversational Programming and MasterCAM (or similar) applications.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of fixture and tooling design to support the fabrication of components.
- Machining Journeyman Papers or a 2 year machining or machine tool technology degree from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a model shop or engineering-development machine shop environment
- Minimum 1 year experience with Prototrak turning and machining centers
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER MSD Mission System Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time