Machinist A - 2nd Shift
Eaton Aerospace Group located in Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) has an opening for a Second Shift CNC Machinist A. The machinist will setup and operate Mill or Lathe machinery for production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell.
This opportunity is offering a competitive pay range + an additional $2 shift differential.
Shift hours are 1:45 AM - 10:15 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Capability to setup complex parts including the tool set and teardown then operate machinery without supervision.
2. Troubleshoot and eliminate variations that are out of process, i.e. run-out, flatness problems. Calibrate pre-setter arm by resetting parameters or tool setter or spindle probe. Read machine programs and perform speeds and feeds edits under engineering guidelines.
3. Inspects parts for quality and appropriate tolerance using the appropriate measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, air gages and comparators. 4. Finishes all parts with different materials to close tolerance without supervision.
5. Read and interpret blueprints to set up and manufacture parts within specifications. Operate and set up machinery to adjust feed rate, spindle speed, length of stroke, and depth of cut, full understanding of GD&T. Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets (6 or more offsets).
6. Replaces worn tools, inspect parts and adjust tool offsets as needed.
7. Must be a team player and follow all Eaton safety rules and regulations.
8. Drives for continuous process improvements, m aintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles.
9. Other duties as assigned including cross train other employees.Qualifications
1. High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
2. Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment.
3. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
4. Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning, tolerancing and use air gauging equipment.
Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile distance of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Experienced with multiple machine tools, production methods and shop practices preferred.
Ability to learn equipment and processes for fabrication of aerospace parts, produce parts in accordance with the production plans, sketches and/or verbal instructions.
Ability to maintain close tolerance dimensions on critical parts.
Knowledge of dimensional measuring instrumentations and use of such tools to verify actual measurements of machined diameters, dimensions and features.
Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, manufacturing routings, procedures, and routers. 5. Good verbal and written communication skills a must.
Familiarity with SPC principles and methods.
Ability to produce and inspect critical parts with tight tolerances and finishes, with minimal supervision.
Ability to logically solve problems and to keep assignments and projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion.
Aerospace experience preferred.
6 plus years of experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment.
Involvement in successful process definition and re-engineering.
Experience in employee involvement in multi-discipline teaming.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team