Manufacturing Associate, Cell Therapy (R1548969-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
BMS Cell Therapy Manufacturing seeks Associates within Manufacturing that brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to help drive novel programs. The candidate must be goal-oriented, flexible, and able to work efficiently with safety and quality in mind. We are searching for enthusiastic, and innovative individuals with a good understanding of good manufacturing practices to support routine manufacturing operations for Cell Therapy.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing patient process unit operations and support operations described in standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Completing documentation required by process transfer protocols, validation protocols, standard operating procedures, and batch records.
- Performing tasks in a manner consistent with the safety policies, quality systems, and GMP requirements.
- Completing training assignments to ensure the necessary technical skills and knowledge.
- Assisting in setting up manufacturing areas and equipment/fixtures. Perform facility and equipment commissioning activities.
- Training others on SOPs, Work Instructions to successfully complete manufacturing operations.
- Executing daily unit operations schedule that includes people, product, and material flow across multiple shifts.
- Work in a cleanroom environment and perform aseptic processing; maintain manufacturing environmental conditions (Non-Viable Particulate(s) and Viable microbial levels per controlled area classification specifications) by performing area disinfection regiment as required to meet global Health Authority requirements.
- High school diploma and 0-2 years of experience in cGMP bioprocessing manufacturing, cell therapy manufacturing or relevant experience
- Bachelors in relevant science or engineering discipline is preferred
- Driven and motivated individual to learn and execute Cell Therapy Manufacturing operations
- Must have the ability to work assigned shift (Day, Night, Weekends and/or Holidays).
- Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment and perform aseptic processing
- Must be comfortable being exposed to human blood components.
- Must be able to be in close proximity to strong magnets.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy manufacturing is preferred.
- Stand and Walk - Required to stand/walk while operating manufacturing/computer equipment for several hours at a time, throughout the day.
- Carrying weight, Pushing, Pulling Lifting - Required to carry, lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds several times a day while handling production equipment and/or materials.
- Climb - Required to climb (use of stepladders in production areas, or stairwells) several times a day.
- Bend and Kneel - Required to bend or kneel several times a day.
- Overhead work - Required to perform overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies up to 25 pounds several times a day, throughout the day.
- Moving Head and Neck – Required movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials several times a day, throughout the day.
- Twisting - Required movement of twisting waist while setting up equipment several times a day, throughout the day.
- Repetitive Use - Required repetitive use of arms/wrists/hands while setting up equipment and processing several times a day, throughout the day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include, but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hairnets, gloves, and hearing protection.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.