Manufacturing Associate, Scheduling Specialist (R1556248-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Supports planning and scheduling production related activities at the cell therapy manufacturing facility. Provides manufacturing operations with a plan that maximizes efficiency, resources, and capacity. Work on projects and develops scheduling tools and provides technical expertise. Facilitate standard continuous improvements approach to daily schedule generation in collaboration with Manufacturing Associates and Supervisors.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. Minimum of high school diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 1-3 years of cGMP CAR-T cell therapy manufacturing, with 3-6 years of general manufacturing experience.
- Proven experience working on teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected.
- Source of imaginative, thorough, and innovative solutions with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers, demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Office programs and working with validated manufacturing systems.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy manufacturing.
- Experience in lean, operational excellence, six sigma, or continuous improvement, and process mapping.
- Proficient in analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and develop long-range vision with progressive business plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and schedule all associated production and support activities including intermediates, product shipment, facility and equipment maintenance. Troubleshoots and identifies causes and suggests solutions.
- Actively receive and manage manufacturing-controlled documents to ensure all documents (i.e. batch records) are ready for Manufacturing.
- Primary point of contact for the coordination of maintenance on manufacturing equipment to help mitigate production downtime. Works with Manufacturing Specialists to ensure completion of delegated equipment maintenance.
- Represents Manufacturing when collaborating interdepartmentally to onboard and retire manufacturing equipment, while managing redundant inventory to minimize impact to production.
- Coordinate with external vendors to schedule reoccurring preventative equipment maintenance.
- Assist with the revision and or creation of process documents, such as SOPs and electronic work instructions as well as workflow ownership in document management systems.
- Assists in driving the development and implementation of forecasting, capacity planning, and production planning.
- Assists in developing scheduling continuous improvement initiatives.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement community of practice.
- Supports in the execution of Global Change Management (GCM) change controls, CAPA deliverables, and deviation disposition assessments as required.
- Active member on continuous improvement teams aimed at the completion of site goals or value-added improvements to Manufacturing operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- Must be able to work in an office environment potentially requiring ergonomic considerations
- Must be able to work in a conference room environment for moderate periods of time.
- Occasional excursions to cleanroom environment that requires gowning; location has strong magnets, vapor phase liquid nitrogen, and human blood products (Biosafety Level 2) are handled.
- Exposure to typical manufacturing, laboratory, mechanical and warehouse environments.
- Occasionally provide evening or weekend support to maintain business continuity.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.