Manufacturing Section Lead - 2nd Shift - Starting at $36/hr (R473634)
Why manufacturing at Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Manufacturing Section Leader will be responsible for leading and managing a team of manufacturing associates. They will also be responsible for managing, improving, and reporting out on their section’s performance related to production, quality, safety and recognition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend, participate and deliver in performance metrics review meetings
- Escalate issues requiring additional resources to manufacturing leadership
- Track progress to manufacturing schedule and take necessary action to ensure supply plan has been met including determining labor requirements and staffing levels daily
- Implement process and systemic improvements
- Lead teams to run equipment efficiently.
- Perform or assist with lot closings and openings.
- Stop production line when suspect product is identified.
- Communicate with material handlers when components are needed.
- Maintain GMP, GDP and quality standards
- Perform or assist with in-process quality checks where applicable.
- Utilize the Stryker Production System (SPS) to improve performance including 6S, MDI, line balancing, process waste removal and standard work
- Lead non-conformance investigations, and process records through quality management system.
- Maintain safety procedures and keep area in a clean and orderly condition
- Proactively drive to enhance and improve the work environment
- Document all safety incidents and observations in SAP system
- Effective communication at shift change
- Responsible for communicating with the department regarding production and quality issues when applicable
- Ensure accountability of associates including training timeliness and adherence to company policies
Manage team’s performance, including completing annual and mid-year reviews
Education & Special Training
- Actively pursuing a degree is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing cGMP environment or comparable experience
- Must be effective communicator and able to lead team
- Basic math skills and computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Able to effectively manage employees’ performance while maintaining a personal culture
Previous people management experience
- Must be capable of maneuvering and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without mechanical assistance.
- Maneuver material handling devices such as pallet jacks and roll handling equipment.
- Work majority of the workday standing and walking.
- Proven ability to make timely and independent decisions based on data and know when escalation is appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to proactively seek improvements and solutions to problems in their operation.
- Proven ability to handle employee conflict.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com