Senior Manufacturing Engineer (123253)
Eaton’s Vehicle Group, Royal Power Solutions business is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Carol Stream, IL manufacturing facility. Relocation benefits are available! Sponsorship for this role is not available.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Our team is collaborating with companies to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will report directly to the Carol Stream Plant Manager – Royal Power Solutions for Eaton’s Vehicle Group and is responsible for day-to-day floor support, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency. They will implement process improvements through collection and analysis of manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions and provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. They will support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements and support special process and customer audits.
This position is based out of the Carol Stream, IL manufacturing facility.
In this function you will:
- Implement Lean Manufacturing concepts, including Value Stream Map evaluation of current state production opportunities and the implementation of future state throughout all areas of operations. Deploy Lean Tools as appropriate.
- Evaluate current and future state manufacturing processes and ensures that sound engineering and manufacturing principles are being followed. Prioritize safety and repeatability of existing processes, addressing identified concerns.
- Recommend changes to existing manufacturing processes to improve manufacturing productivity and improve lean flow of materials. Document manufacturing processes with work instructions. Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost.
- Initiate, develop and manage capital improvement projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product start-ups. Drive continuous improvement on the shop floor, including opportunities to improve Quality, Productivity, and cost reduction.
- Manage and complete multiple projects on schedule with minimal supervision. Support multiple product lines and a wide variety of assembly processes.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Drive NPI activities in assigned work cells (layouts, materials, costing). Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years (3) experience in general engineering and/or manufacturing engineering and/or continuous improvement engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD/ERP
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only