Manufacturing Engineer (120887)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Create a world class manufacturing organization by leading the implementation of a lean organization. Primary focus on reducing waste, cost and inefficiencies, while creating standards, increasing value and employee engagement.
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements tooling layout, design& implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Lead/facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- Identifies and resolves opportunities, gathers and analyzes information, develops and implements actions plans to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Understands shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes, and manning. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Develops and coordinates project plans. Communicates changes and progress status. Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions and ideas for improving work and processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, aerospace, or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- 1 year of engineering experience in a mfg. environment, internship, or senior project
- Experience with Pro/E, Catia, Microsoft, Formal Lean Training
- Experience working in the Aerospace industry
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time