Manufacturing Engineer (121832)
Functionally responsible to support the High Performance Work team including day to day floor support, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency. Process improvement through collection and analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits.
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures efficiency tied to capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow concepts.
- Maintain and improve product flow through the plant through reduced Defective material Report (DMR) and Process stop occurrences. Resolve issue quickly when product stops occur.
- Design gaging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure tooling, and supplies as required.
- Create and maintain pFMEAs, process routers, equipment PMs and Process documents to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out). Work directly with production associates, from all areas of the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and defective material report (DMR) system.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Provide functional and technical support to the HPWT within the assigned area of focus as well as the organization as required to support goals.
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 1 years of engineering or manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- Experience with Nadcap (or other industry standards) audits preferred.
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification, with demonstrated results preferred
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in hose assembly, manual assembly/test, metal fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, chemical processes preferred
- Limited travel may be required (<10%)
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many teams from manufacturing operations, to design engineering, to program management office, to FED leadership team, to order management/contracts, etc.
- Opportunity for direct customer interface (Aerospace OEM’s in military and commercial markets)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time