Senior Manufacturing Engineer (121584)
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team based at our Worcester, MA facility.
Eaton is a power management company made up of over 92,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, integrating, and improving manufacturing processes to ensure that production is carried out in the most time-efficient and cost-effective way while maintaining overall product quality. In this role, you will choose the best technologies and processes to manufacture existing product offerings and new product introduction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure all processes meet or exceed Eaton Safety (MESH) and quality standards by supporting MESH requirements, gage R&R, capability studies, 8D, and root cause & corrective action activities to support failure analysis, as required.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Analyze plant workflow, equipment placement, and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Assist in the Research, Determination, composition, and evaluation of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of new equipment, tooling, materials and other resources needed to support and offer solutions to resolve problems. This includes support emerging and existing technologies.
- Interface with the Plant Leadership team to implement short and long-term solutions to address issues in a production environment.
- Be responsible for production process associated with the launch of New Product Development.
- Document manufacturing processes with work instructions.
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Proficient knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and welding methods. Also, a broad scope of applicable knowledge in other related design and processing disciplines including (but not limited to) plastic and aluminum extrusion, casting, wood fabrication, machining, etc.
- Exposure and knowledge related to lean manufacturing processes and tooling requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of the relationship of ergonomic and aesthetic industrial design concepts as they relate to user interactive product design.
- Proficient usage of 3D Parametric solid modeling software, preferably Pro-e or SolidWorks. Also, strong computer skills with a working knowledge of typical business applications such as MS Office.
- Proficient technical writing skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several concurrent projects.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time