Manufacturing Engineer (121558)
Eaton’s Aerospace Group Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - New Program Development to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI location. Relocation assistance is provided.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support new program and product development activities along with program transition activities for the Jackson, MI plant. The scope of work includes design for manufacturability, tooling/equipment/process design, creating work instructions, and supporting initial hardware builds within the production environment. This role also provides on-floor training and ongoing evaluation of manufacturing processes within the project scope. The Manufacturing Engineer also works with the design engineering team and customers to optimize product and process design.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes.
- Utilize MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer specifications.
- Ensure efficiency tied to capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools.
- Work daily with production High Performance Work Teams within focus factories to support on-time delivery of new program hardware.
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems, support the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implement LEAN concepts, and train production employees on process execution.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA 3D modeling software in addition to other design tools and processes.
- Work with suppliers and procurement team to purchase equipment, tooling, and supplies as required.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, technique sheets, and work instructions.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot issues within fabrication, assembly, and acceptance testing processes.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and to aid in design and process improvements.
- Manage tooling and equipment expenses supporting project budgets.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited institution.
What you’ll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time