Senior Manufacturing Engineer (121073)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. Additional responsibility includes, executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements as well as tooling layout, design & implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead improvement efforts in CAD/CAM software standardization and CNC programming methodology while supporting New Product Integration.
- Identifies and resolves opportunities, gathers and analyzes information, develops and implements actions plans to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Support site Cost Out and Modernization efforts by looking for manufacturing waste and leveraging new technologies.
- Determine Root Cause and Corrective Actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material.
- Manage projects and conducts project reviews as needed to ensure successful and timely completion, within budget. Communicates changes and progress status.
- Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
- Participate in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules. Act as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer. Interact with Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure design for manufacturability of new products. Participates in design review process.
- Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies as required.
- Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions and ideas for improving work and processes. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self-performance against high level of excellence.
- Assist leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extracts data from ERP systems as needed.
- Supports Environmental Health and Safety projects to promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Machining experience
- CAM/CAD software experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment implementing Lean Mfg. and/or Six Sigma principles
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Pro/E, Catia, and Microsoft
- Minimum one (1) year of Project Management experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with CNC Machines.
- Experience with programming and cost out
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time