Lead Engineer - Welding (119398)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Lead Engineer - Welding to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Responsible for the assigned tube fabrication manufacturing processes including equipment specification, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency. Collect and analyze manufacturing data and implement process improvements that improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support special process and customer audits.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, involve use of complex alloys, welding of critical joints.
- Conduct welding Training (Resistance seam welding, Laser welding, auto tig, manual tig)
- This includes training in a classroom setting and hands on
- Testing welding personnel for certification.
- Testing welding personnel for production.
- Develop new procedure qualifications for new products, materials, and material combinations.
- Maintain and develop Procedure qualifications (new products, materials, material combinations)
- Maintain and create weld process specification WPS and process qualification report
- Conduct Welder audits
- Conduct welding process improvement
- Support and lead customer and NADCAP audits
- Support R+D initiatives around new material investigation. Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes utilizing MESH, and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required.
- Recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out), including functional review of drawings and Engineering specifications (Manufacturing and Product).
- Design, develop, implement, and improve manufacturing processes by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools to ensure that components and assemblies meet
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of welding experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation benefits are available for those within the United States and/or Puerto Rico willing to relocate to the Beltsville, MD area. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace Engineering or
- Bachelors Degree in Metallurgy/Material Sciences or
- Bachelors Degree in Welding Engineering or
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of MIL, ASM, ASTM, AWS Standards, with aircraft engine manufacturer specification knowledge ideal.
- AWS CWI Certification is highly desirable
- 10+ years experience on welding
- 10+ years experience NDT process
- Pro/E, Catia, or CAD experience
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time