Lead Manufacturing Engineer (123163)
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Glenolden, PA facility.
Eaton’s Glenolden, PA facility is located just 15 miles southwest of Philadelphia and has approximately 145 employees (and growing). This World Class Manufacturing facility is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of electronic debris monitoring devices for the military and commercial aerospace industry.
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement and cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and maintain robust, costs, efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices; perform root cause and failure and analysis as required.
- Expertise in CNC Milling and Turning with the ability to troubleshoot CNC programming (G-Code).
- Promote culture of continuous improvement and apply lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implement methods and practice to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
- Maintain a good understanding of GD&T, its application and usage; have the ability to read part drawings and write technical manufacturing instructions.
- Be proficient in MasterCam.
- Develop and integrate new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business.
- Assist in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Trains associates as required.
- Communicate vision of organization via verbal communication and actions. Interprets strategic plan for purpose of developing goals for self.
- Manage projects and deliver same on timely basis.
- Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Conduct Design for Manufacturing and Value Engineering initiatives as applicable.
- Develop work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- US person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Glenolden, PA facility to be considered. Active-Duty Military Service members exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing Machine Shop
- Experience utilizing lean six sigma methodology in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting engineering design prototyping and failure analysis activities as well as production floor troubleshooting and improvements
- Familiarity with set-up reduction techniques, i.e. SMED (Single-Minute Exchange of Dies)
What you’ll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No