Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (123301)
Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) Division is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Hodges, SC facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will plan, organize, and control the overall Manufacturing programs which will result in significant advancements in productivity, product cost, quality and/or the maintenance of the plant facilities equipment and its production process. S/he will perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique design applications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work directly with direct manufacturing labor to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- Establish and maintain departmental expense and capital expenditures with pre-established budget, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Understands and drives facility capability and capacity improvement through Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) tools and other processes to support efficiency improvement and sales growth. Supports in Lean transformation efforts.
- Lead the process for integrating of old/new equipment into an Industry 4.0 (Manufacturing Execution System) environment. This consists of PLC programming standards, error proofing strategy, and data collection/presentation.
- Assist in performing workload analysis and resources optimization. Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- Support capital planning to optimize capability, capacity, and efficiency to develop new key plant processes in support of sales growth and product line expansion.
- Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies as required
- Gets result through creative thinking and utilizing available resources. Supports continuous improvement processes through Lean concepts.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules and requirements, estimating future requirements
- Manage projects and conducts project reviews to ensure successful and timely completion, within budget. Communicates changes and progress status.
- Focus on and implement process improvements such as reduce variation, process automation, and labor utilization.
- Proactively implement, promote, and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, corrective action implementation and Zero Incident culture enforcement.
- Directly supports the site as a liaison between product design, manufacturing, and suppliers. Provides new product development or product transfer support, as required to support plant objectives. Works with manufacturing to troubleshoot and improve processes.
- Provide leadership and support to those programs that will improve plant productivity goals
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of engineering or technical experience in manufacturing role.
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates residing outside of a 50-mile radius of the location listed in the job description.
- Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt)
- Lean, OpA or MESH subject matter expert/category champion
- CAD – 3D Modeling
- Metal Forming experience
- Asset reliability experience
- Welding technique experience
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time