Manufacturing Process Lead I (Welding) - 2nd shift - $26.15/hr + $2.00 Shift Premium (R476332)
Why manufacturing at Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
M-F: 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Perform various manufacturing duties as required to ensure the team meets all goals and objectives. Successfully lead a small sub-team in our welding department to achieve safety, quality, service, and financial goals.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Understand hourly attainment of responsible areas and execute to the requirements
- Obtain and execute to the production schedule
- Collaborates and pulls in support staff, after appropriately investigation of issues, as needed
- Will be the first line of defense for troubleshooting including, but not limited to, equipment, quality and process issues
- Partners with other Manufacturing Process Leads and/or Production Team Leader to coordinate resources in the area based on production schedule and standards, troubleshooting schedule changes throughout the shift (added)
- Train in responsible area and ensure team members are properly trained/certified in all facets of their job to include but not limited to (6S, MDI, SLMS, Safety, Quality, Preventative maintenance)
- Ability to build and/or operate in production to meet production pace requirements (up to 50% of time)
- Expose and document problems through the MDI (Managing for Daily Improvement) process
- Understand and maintain MDI Tier I boards and reporting
- Responsible for shift hand off and communication with peers
- Support onboarding of temporary employees and new hires
- Work closely with the Production Team Leader to provide feedback on team members in responsible area
- Provide Real time feedback to employees on business alignment and meeting objectives
- Drive a culture of safety, positivity and collaboration within the team
- Identify and communicate potential resource needs for area.
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects within area including safety, quality and productivity.
Education & special trainings:
High school diploma or equivalent is required
Qualifications & experience:
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics and capabilities.
- Excellent organization, planning and communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year of previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Moderate PC skills.
Physical & mental requirements:
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or standing, as appropriate.
- May be required to reach, push, or pull in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
- Requires use of safety glasses in designated areas.
- Closed-toe/closed-heel shoes must be worn on the production floor; safety shoes are recommended.
- Coordination of eye, hand, and/or foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination/memory, reading ability, and memory retention ability.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com