Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Machining (124134)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Charleston, SC facility. Relocation benefits are available
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting a High-Performance Work Team including day-to-day floor support, implementation of machining best practice and new product introductions. In this role, you will implement process improvements through collection and analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Introduce new products utilizing the PROLaunch process in accordance with established standards and best practices driving a right the first time philosophy.
- Participate in Rapid Improvement Events to eliminate waste and drive standardization.
- Research, justify and implement new technology as part of the site’s capital strategy.
- Deliver process improvement cost out initiatives: Cycle Time Reduction, Tooling Cost Out, Set-up Reduction, Process Capability/First Pass Yield
- Develop and implement effective mistake proofing as part of continuous improvement and root cause/corrective action.
- Supports development and execution of overall manufacturing strategy that supports the site’s business strategy to meet cost, quality and delivery.
- Identify and address safety concerns in areas such as lock out tag out, machine guarding, and ergonomics.
- Partner with quality engineers to fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation benefits are available for those within the United States willing to relocate to the Charleston, SC area. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of lean and/or six sigma
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in CNC machining
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time