Manufacturing Compliance Associate II (R1559359-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The core role of the Manufacturing Compliance Associate II is to support defined compliance projects and compliance tool development actions under direction of senior members of the team. The Compliance Associate II maintains an audit-ready state of compliance with assigned quality system activities and training requirements. This role requires the employee to be trained in and operating in 2+ Quality Systems in which they own and complete Quality-record actions on behalf of the Manufacturing organization at JuMP.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelors in relevant science or engineering discipline, or equivalent in work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a GxP Quality or Manufacturing setting.
- 1+ years of experience working with Quality Systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Negotiates, collaborates, influences, and actively shares ideas at the peer level
- Demonstrates individual accountability and responsibility
- Acts with integrity and professionalism
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns and completes actions in 2+ Quality Systems: Deviation, CAPA, Change Control, QRM, EDMS, Validation, Training.
- Represents department in cross-functional teams in support of process improvement initiatives.
- Meets timelines under active supervision of senior team member or management.
- Remains in an audit-ready state of compliance, such as on time Quality System record processing and training assignment completion.
- Follows safety requirements and completes safety trainings and escalates safety concerns.
- Recognizes and escalates potential deviations to management.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- Temperature controlled, well lighted environment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
- Typing and computer use for extended period
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.