Manufacturing Associate (14765)
Manufacturing – Assemble Your Future Starting This Week
Job Title: Frame Mill
1st shift $14.98 per hour
Needed skill set - Must have tape measuring reading and wood working experience
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyzing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analyzing construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examining building materials to identify any defects.
- Performing cleanups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Constructing wooden concrete forms to aid the construction team in erecting various concrete structures
Job Title: Cushion/Blow Filler
1st shift $14.00 per hour (plus incentives)
- Fills cushion covers with moss, hair, kapok, down, foam cushions, or spring units, using any of following methods.
- Stuffs loose fibers, layers of material, or foam cushions into cover with hands.
- Beats cushions with hands to smooth out lumps.
- Places layers of cotton wadding or foam cushions in forming box of stuffing machine, or tears and cuts wadding, covers cushion-spring assembly places wrapped spring assembly in box.
- Dumps down, kapok, or other fibers into hopper of blower.
- Holds end of cushion cover over spout of blower starts blower to fill cover.
- Weighs cushion adds or removes material to obtain cushion of specified weight.
- May sew ends of cushion covers after filling, using needle thread or power sewing machine.
- Loads raw materials into the blow fill line equipment to ensure continuous operation
Walk-Ins Always Welcome - Mon-Thurs 9am to 4pm
**Ashley Furniture Industries was listed again by Forbes Magazine of America's Best Large Employers, as evaluated by our employees. **
Join Us in Mesquite, TX
Exclusive benefits built for you.
- Very competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Profit sharing after one year
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Family appreciation day
- Great opportunities for career growth
What to expect when you come to interview with us?
We strive to hire same day! We will bring you in to discuss job openings to help find the best fit for you and your skill set.
Never worked here before and not sure what we do? No worries- after explaining the job function and finding your best fit, we are open to take you to the floor to show you the job. What better way to get excited about your new career than to see it firsthand!
We will then go through a couple of pre employment screenings and get you started ASAP!
*Please bring a valid photo ID upon interviewing.
Ready to kick your career into high gear? Ashley Furniture wants to help. Apply now and you could join our growing family sooner than you know. In fact, we have immediate openings for Manufacturing Associates and we’re ready to talk with you today about a rewarding role on our team. Don’t think you have the experience for the job, don’t worry. At Ashley, we hire for attitude and train for skill. That’s right! We will train you to do the job,on the job. If you take pride in working hard, crushing challenges and winning every day, we want to hear from you. Ashley is the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world and was named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes in 2021. Want to work for a generous company? You’ve come to the right place. Apply now and become part of a family-owned company that believes in earning the loyalty and trust of our customers, while giving back to our employees and communities. That’s what family is all about.