Senior Manufacturing Engineer (125078)
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at the Grand Rapids, MI manufacturing facility. Relocation within the United States will be provided for this opportunity.
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The incumbent will support production teams in day-to-day manufacturing and product engineering problem solving while driving continuous improvement for their assigned area of responsibility. Assignments will focus on process improvements, cost reduction, and technical support for Eaton’s Grand Rapids products, which would include but is not limited to Motor Controllers, DC Motors, electrical boards, gears, ball screws, no-back mechanisms, clutches, brakes, motors (mechanical aspects), housings, electronic enclosures, bearings, pins, screws, and other related components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead formal root cause and corrective action activities on production processes and design problems. Coordinate with internal and external customers to execute solutions.
- Drive product improvements and cost reduction through engineering analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of peers and staff, to develop and execute Continuous Improvement plans; that result in safer, faster and higher quality producing processes at lower manufacturing cost.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Kaizen events and provide lean tool training in Value Stream Mapping, 5S+, Standard Work, Error Proofing and other lean tools as required to achieve the plant objectives. Foster development of a continuous improvement-oriented culture.
- Design, model and implement production tools, fixtures and or shop aids to reduce or eliminate manufacturing safety hazards such as ergonomic risk. Improve process safety.
- Develop and maintain process work instructions, manufacturing routings, and product Bill Of Materials (BOM). Provide manufacturing process training as required to ensure accuracy and compliance to manufacturing standards.
- Provide timely disposition of non-conforming materials (NCM), discrepant material reports (DMR), and implement root cause corrective actions relative to process improvement opportunities.
- Execute manufacturing changes required to implement design changes.
- Lead and or support the design, selection and or implementation of capital equipment projects.
- Provide new product development or product transfer support, as required to support plant objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years manufacturing engineering experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Aerospace experience
- Electromechanical actuator experience
- Ergonomics experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships within all areas
- Effective use of tact and persuasion in dealing with personnel involved with manufacturing processes
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time