Manufacturing Engineer (125387)
Eaton's Crouse-Hinds is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
Position Overview: The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for owning manufacturing engineering and quality programs for your assigned area. You will be defining and driving projects that improve productivity and quality for your area. You will facilitate efficient operations within the production area, optimizing existing processes, and ensure that production goals are met. You will own the project deck for all productivity and improvement projects in your area. This position is accountable to plan, design, develop and implement major plant engineering projects in order to create and maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities to affect the most economical manufacturing cost.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Investigate and solve problems in manufacturing of products; perform manufacturing methods studies to determine optimum process and methods.
- Lead, facilitate and execute projects using the Eaton Business System approach to Lean/SS principles and processes to deliver results.
- Evaluate and recommend best solutions to given problems weighing economic return and compatibility with layout of plant facilities.
- Partner with and advise development and modification engineers to ensure that new designs incorporate provisions for maximum manufacturing economy.
- Identify new equipment and manufacturing technologies and make recommendations regarding equipment, plant changes in manufacturing facilities, including material flow and plant design.
- Use lean and statistical tools, approaches, and techniques to create process management and measurement systems and develop a continuous improvement mindset.
- Develop operational procedures such as standard work.
- Design manufacturing fixtures and specify tooling necessary to implement processes and methods.
- Implement cost reduction projects for methods, processes, and materials on present manufactured products.
- Align local quality efforts with divisional leadership to drive an effective quality assurance and improvement strategy.
- Coordinate external facility contract services and ensure contractor compliance while also adhering to Federal, State, and Eaton EH&S standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience in engineering supporting a manufacturing environment
- 1 years of continuous improvement experience
- Experience using AutoCad, Microsoft – excel, word, power point.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50 mile radius) will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of machining principles- CNC machining centers, lathes
- Union experience
- Must be results-oriented and be able to drive the necessary activities to get things accomplished
- Must know how to organize people and activities
- Must understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing principles
- Must see and exploit opportunities for synergy and integration
- Can simplify complex processes
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time