Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Metal Forming)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Metal Forming) to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. Relocation benefits are available
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. Additional responsibility includes, executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements as well as tooling layout, design & implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Lead/ facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- Identifies and resolves opportunities, gathers and analyzes information, develops and implements actions plans to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Understands shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes, and manning. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies.
- Determine Root Cause and Corrective Actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material.
- Manage projects and conducts project reviews as needed to ensure successful and timely completion, within budget. Communicates changes and progress status.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation benefits are available for those within the United States willing to relocate to the Beltsville, MD area. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment implementing Lean Mfg. and/or Six Sigma principles
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Pro/E, Catia, and Microsoft
- Minimum one (1) year of Project Management experience
- Experience with Robotics.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time