Associate Director, IT - Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing, Data Analytics Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead (Assoc. Director IT) role is instrumental in partnering with Cell Therapy Manufacturing Site IT and Business Leadership in defining data analytics strategy and roadmap for the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Network.
This leader provides the vision and day-to-day management necessary to establish analytics program for the CT global manufacturing network supporting the commercial manufacturing sites.
This position partners with global IT stakeholders, BI&A, site IT leads and various business stakeholders in the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Network and is accountable for creating site analytics strategy, creation of roadmaps, leading the governance for prioritization and intake of work in support of these capabilities. This role will partner with business to advance our site analytics strategy in support of manufacturing objectives that can have the highest business impact and be accountable for its deployment and business value realization outcomes.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, IT Business Partner for Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing and will also be part of the Cell Therapy Manufacturing IT Leadership Team.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to manage budgets and build multi-year deployment roadmaps
- Ability to interact with senior business leadership and translate business strategy into executable IT programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially regarding:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer focus
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of industry standard integration protocols and programming applications
- Knowledge and experience with data platforms, enterprise data lake technologies, data integration tools, visualization tools. Knowledge of AWS services that form foundations of data platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Expertise with Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting programs. Tableau experience preferred.
- Understanding of computer system validation.
- Proven experience of establishing data analytics strategy and achieving business outcomes from use of data in manufacturing plants to improve operational excellence.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or Science related discipline. Advanced degree (MS) preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience in data analytics roles with 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (industry agnostic)
- Understanding of supply chain, manufacturing domains, and supporting technology including manufacturing and supply chain ERP systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and how they relate to existing and new business systems and practices, primarily GxP.
- Must have prior experience working on a project team to implement, customize, or enhance data warehouse, data lake systems.
- Experience with continuous delivery, dev-ops, open-source technologies & Agile/Lean software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Experience building highly scalable, concurrent, large volume, event-driven systems supporting manufacturing.
- Experience with CI / CD tools and configuration management tools is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and implementation partner(s) to configure, build, and deploy data analytics related solutions in GMP environment.
- Establish strong governance at global manufacturing level to prioritize demand intake, delivery incremental value and drive standardization across the network.
- Owns the governance process for Cell Therapy Manufacturing network around change management of analytics tools.
- Ensure consistent deployment data related platforms across manufacturing network.
- Manages the delivery/enhancements of data ingestion projects, setup of CT Manufacturing related data programs and delivery of analytics/reporting in support of business objectives.
- Own and manage roadmap of data related platforms as they impact CT manufacturing, enhancements, and budgets for deployment of data/analytics tools.
- Design and implement an effective and top in class solution to capture, collate, store and maintain real time data for purpose of achieving operational excellence, measuring progress and performance (though a common database solution as an example) in relation to making of CAR-T products.
- Identify ways to resolve data pain points and maintain data integrity and consistency across functions consuming the same data in pre-production and test environments, Support data problems in test environments
- Ensure data solutions comply with internal and external regulations / standards and monitor data integrity.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.