Production Supervisor/Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor/Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation benefits will be provided within the United States only.
As a Production Supervisor/Manufacturing Engineer, you will be an integral member of the Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure (CPDI) Operations Team. In this role, you will be responsible for a) leading their assigned team in achieving safety, quality, cost, on-time delivery, productivity, and employee engagement goals and b) creating, maintaining, and improving the manufacturing processes for assigned product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide direct supervision for employees in assigned areas and lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary/performance management activities while simultaneously administering and maintaining company local policies.
- Coach and motivate employees in the assigned area to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Plan production activities in coordination with Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality departments, and establish production priorities to meet on-time delivery requirements and to obtain optimum utilization of manning, machines, and equipment.
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet process/system requirements.
- Monitor and control in-process inventory to achieve production requirements with minimal impact on inventory levels.
- Promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following and ensuring compliance with all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards, addressing unsafe conditions, and championing MESH element(s).
- Be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes for assigned product lines to facilitate cost reduction and continuous improvement efforts in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Establish, maintain, and audit Engineering Specifications, Bills of Material, Process Routers, Production Standards, and Standard Work for new and existing products for assigned product lines.
- Provide day to day support for assigned product lines, including investigating, analyzing, and troubleshooting issues related to materials, tooling, equipment, and manufacturing methods/processes.
- Participate in investigating and solving safety and quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which safety/quality concerns or issues can be addressed and solved.
- Engage direct reports in manufacturing LEAN initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull systems standard work, playbooks, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving (e.g. A3, 8D).
- Assist in driving plant-wide Continuous Improvement initiatives stemming from plant key projects
- Champion use of Eaton management systems and tools to ensure appropriate execution within assigned areas.
- Maintain departmental personnel records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance.
- Be responsible for maintaining timely and transparent communication within assigned areas to ensure changes and important messages (policies, procedures, guidelines, etc.) are delivered to each employee.
- Adhere to all duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Eaton and employee objectives and/or goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience of engineering within manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Minimum of one (1) year direct supervisory experience.
- Lean Manufacturing experience/certification.
- Six Sigma experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- SAP experience.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully interface with all organizational levels & departments.
- Good understanding and positive support of standard personnel and administrative policies, practices, and legal requirements regarding business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems and engineering processes.
- Must be open and available to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Required working knowledge and experience with computers.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico).
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only