Lead Manufacturing Projects Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing - Projects Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. Hybrid Role
Responsible for Operations Tasks (ME) for new product launches and transitions following the Eaton PROLaunch (NPD and STP) Process and manufacturing process capability deployment in the Batam, Indones,ia Manufacturing Plant. Lead manufacturing activities such as process development, creation of standard work documentation, tooling, fixturi,ng and equipment selection in alignment with Aerospace quality standards (AS9100), Customer and Eaton internal requirements.
Lead the Transfer of Manufacturing Technology, Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS). Ensure that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide technical leadership for IMS/TMS Transitions including:
- Feasibility Reviews of manufacturing capacity and capability of target sites
- Technical assessment of existing manufacturing tools and processes for part manufacturability at sending and receiving sites, prior to moving parts.
- Support target site in the development of robust processes and manufacturing process specifications required for quality assurance.
- Training and development of personnel at new manufacturing locations
- On time support of program gates and deliverables led by project managers
- Lead Design for Manufacturing activities with the Product Engineering leader
- Support costing of potential programs by drafting processes, estimating capital investment as well as labor content of the product.
- Oversee the purchase of new capital equipment, conduct new equipment product validations, coordinate the delivery of equipment (new or existing) to the TMS and working with the export control team to ensure all required export licenses have been obtained for the equipment being shipped.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment that includes new product launches.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- 8 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience with manufacturing processes (Metal and Carbon Machining, Metal Forming, Welding, Heat Treating), equipment selection, tooling and part process inspection.
- Experience with manufacturing change management processes using enterprise planning systems (SAP, MFGPro) desirable.
- Experience with process benchmarking and deployment (training and qualification) desirable.
- Thorough understanding and working experience with GD&T
- Thorough knowledge of Quality systems, methods and practices; QS 9000, AS9100, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, NADCAP and MSA
- Exposure to Aerospace standards, and specifications (NADCAP Welding, Heat Treating & Finishing)
- Exposure to multicultural environment and program launches outside USA
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time