Manufacturing Materials Planner - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Innovative Switchgear Solutions business is currently seeking a Production Planner / Material Coordinator to join our 1st shift team. This position is based at our Dacono, CO facility.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. We offer skilled manufacturers a starting rate of $22.50 / hour, with pay progressions annually, and opportunities for advancement.
The Material Coordinator is responsible for managing continuity of shop floor material supply by scheduling internal supply chain activities, expediting external and internally supplied parts, execution of ECNs/ECRs to the shop floor and using MRP and problem-solving tools to ensure inventory accuracy. This position supports the Supply Chain function throughout the entire Dacono manufacturing plant. You will be responsible for performing the various job functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and quality. Candidates must be willing to perform various duties and assist all other team members as needed.
In this function you will:
- Support execution of replenishment strategies for interplant materials.
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules and customer requirements.
- Complete production order shortage analysis on a frequent and timely basis.
- Complete cycle counts on a frequent and timely basis.
- Work with shop floor and purchasing team to expedite materials and resolve shortages.
- Recommend changes in inventory levels based on trends and changes in production mix.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Provide information to master schedulers about production orders and expedites status so RGID's are communicated to customers.
- Address SAP issues as well as review production order completions and variances.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Dacono, CO facility.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution of Business or Technical Discipline
- Experience using an ERP system such as SAP
- Experience in inspection or quality in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No