IBM Z and Storage GARS Manufacturing Engineer
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within the IBM Z Manufacturing Engineering group, we ensure the technical end to end processes are in place worldwide to support new and existing products and for the development of tactical and innovative solutions for all associated manufacturing processes for the manufacturing of IBM Z products and manufacturing processes supporting the Global Asset Recovery Services (GARS) mission in Poughkeepsie, NY. GARS remanufactures, refurbishes, de-manufactures used hardware generating revenue for IBM.
As a key member of the group, you will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes for new and existing products. Manufacturing processes include de-manufacturing and re-manufacturing activities, electronic card assembly, manufacturing tooling, reutilization, and order processing. You will be responsible for working technically with development and manufacturing on early manufacturing initiatives and engage with development during the concept phase of the product life cycle to drive requirements for all IBM Z products for manufacturability, serviceability, and quality. You will be responsible for supporting development and manufacturing with EC releases for IBM Z products, designing tooling for use in assembling of mainframes, and creating visual aids for assembly instructions using simulation software. Additionally, you will be responsible for complete documentation of projects, processes, specifications, and bill of material architecture for product release.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS Engineering – Mechanical, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in engineering involvement with Systems Hardware Development
- Project management skills and clear communication abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Electrical / mechanical manufacturing knowledge
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM