IT Product Owner Leader- Smart Manufacturing
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking an Information Technology Product Owner- Smart Manufacturing to join our team. No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the following locations to be considered: Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, NC, Houston, TX, Milwaukee, WI, or Galesburg, MI. You will report to the Director of IT, Digital Productivity, and lead a team of 8 direct reports.
This position is responsible for maximizing the value of the Digital Core platform by creating, prioritizing, and managing the product backlog. The product owner will set and communicate the product vision, develop, and maintain the product roadmap, and define key operational processes like the product release schedule. The individual in this role will work closely with business partners and customers to define epics that align with key business objectives for the product scrum or Kanban. The product owner allocates funds to backlog items and defines work priorities for individuals dedicated to the product team. They will define the full lifecycle of portfolio of work from innovation activities through new features, continuous improvement, system health, and support. The product owner works directly with analysts, engineers, and other product team members to execute the product roadmap, guide the product development lifecycle, define use stories, and provide voice of the customer within product processes.
• Define and communicate the product vision, roadmap, and epics to meet customer and business needs
• Own the product backlog, managing and prioritizing user stories, continuous improvement work, and technical enablers
• Manage and allocate product funding and the team's time across full lifecycle activities
• Manage a team of IT professionals, providing appropriate coaching to develop employee skills and continuously improve performance
• Work with user experience and engineering leads to define and prioritize work, aligning to the overall experience strategy and direction
• Develops and maintains product-specific persona and customer journeys
• Work closely with business stakeholders and customers, understanding their priorities and defining business outcomes and KPIs for the product in collaboration with those key stakeholders
• Communicate goals for product increments and releases. Define goals for team sprints.
• Support the decomposition of epics into features and features into user stories
• Define product use cases and acceptance criteria
• Facilitate issue resolution at a product and solution level
• Collaborate with the technical lead, solution architect(s), and release train engineer when applicable to determine sequencing of user stories and technical enablers across our solution landscape
• Responsible for product governance including data, policy, cybersecurity and usage
• Act as a functional expert in areas related to the product
• Support continuous process improvement activities across product processes (agile scrum, DevSecOps, etc.)
• Understand commercial, business and go-to-market strategies where applicable
• Help define operational processes alongside the scrum master and technical lead
• Gather voice of the customer and ensures that it is a consistent input into product processes
• Must ensure ongoing support, maintenance, uptime, performance, availability in collaboration with either support or technical leaders
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in Information Technology and/or Engineering
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Minimum two (2) years of manager of people experience
• No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the following locations to be considered: Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, NC, Houston, TX, Milwaukee, WI or Galesburg, MI.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Strong familiarity with key manufacturing metrics and reporting systems
• Experience with OPC unified architecture, configuration, and deployment
• Experience architecting PLC-based data collection solutions utilizing solutions like Kepware, etc
• Experience with IIoT platforms like ThingWorx, Ignition, etc
• Demonstrable understanding of product management and modern product delivery processes
• Practical knowledge of and experience working within agile scrum and/or Kanban delivery teams
• General understanding of DevSecOps principles
• Familiarity with modern technology architecture principles including APIs, microservices, and cloud services
• Familiarity with Application Programming Interface development
• Familiarity with manufacturing execution solutions like Apriso, Plex, SAP, etc.
• General Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc
• General Familiarity with ERP applications such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Familiarity with design thinking methodologies
• Ability to create and manage product roadmaps
• Clear understanding of lean principles with respect to product and portfolio management
• Data orientation and ability to make Data-based decisions
Eaton Leadership Position Success Criteria:
• Think and Act Strategically, Build Organizational Capability, Get Results and Enable a Digital Mindset across Eaton
• Is passionate, accountable, efficient, ethical, transparent, and focused on continuous learning
• We foster an environment of engagement and inclusion for all employees and act with advocacy, empathy, and accountability
The expected annual salary range for this role is $131249.97 - $192499.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.