Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s IS AER FED division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located at our Bethel, CT facility.
This position provides Manufacturing Engineering support to all functions and acts as a liaison between design engineering and production. Additionally, and on the same responsibility level, participates in cost out, configuration management, BOM’s, and MRP system structuring updates. Supports plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Executes the organizational strategic plan consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Write new production routings for new products, establishing labor time standards for each operation. Periodically review and update routings to conform or improve technique to reduce labor. Update active routings including proceedings, times (labor), documents included, such as special procedures, and tooling design. Also work on procedures to help integration of 3D printers into new product development and tool design.
• Develop and maintain robust, cost-efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with corporate accepted Lean manufacturing practices. Perform root cause and failure analysis as required. Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
• Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Apply Design for Manufacturing and Value Engineering practices as applicable.
• Coordinate and facilitate the needs of Manufacturing Support Group, i.e., vibration, welding, machine shop.
• Act as technical liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
• Compose Capital Appropriation Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
• Manage multiple projects and deliver to schedules on time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of three (3) years manufacturing experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of Bethel, CT will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Vibration system experience.
• CAD and 3D Modeling/Printing Experience.
• Project Planning and scheduling methodology experience.
• Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Strong analytical skills. Understanding of problem-solving methodologies to determine root cause and corrective action - i.e. Thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.
• Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts.
• Knowledge of industry and customer-specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc.).
• Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements (design/process interface).
• Ability to develop and make special tooling and test stands encompassing all disciplines, communications, purchasing and pricing methods.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.